Thursday, July 17, 2008

GED CONFERENCE


Dear Friends,

Last month, I organized a GED Conference in my Albany office and the event was attended by numerous educational advocates and governmental representatives, including Governor David Paterson's office.

I called this vital meeting for various reasons, but the recent loss of GED testing centers in the Bronx and other boroughs was of immediate concern to me. As many of you are aware, I am a past recipient of a GED. While I am working with officials to develop a comprehensive resolution to this GED crisis, I expect to release a report in short-order examining solutions to the GED controversy.

In the meanwhile, I would like for all concerned individuals to visit www.ahorre.com/ged and read recent articles posted by Professor Martin N. Danenberg, a well-known national GED program advocate. In addition, take a look at this exclusive video footage and share your thoughts with me on this issue.